- Sudan - Soil Organic Carbon (SOC), 2019-2020
- Open Data Commons Open Database License / OSM (ODbL/OSM)
+ You are free to copy, distribute, transmit and adapt our data, as long as you credit OpenStreetMap and its contributors
+ If you alter or build upon our data, you may distribute the result only under the same licence.
+ For more info see http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright.
Map showing predicted SOC for six states in Sudan based on the Land Degradation Surveillance Framework (LDSF) data and predictive models.
Vågen, T.-G., Winowiecki, L. A., Neely, C., Chesterman, S., & Bourne, M. (2018). Spatial assessments of soil organic carbon for stakeholder decision-making – a case study from Kenya. SOIL, 4(4), 259–266. https://doi.org/10.5194/soil-4-259-2018
Vågen, T.-G. T.-G., & Winowiecki, L. A. (2013). Mapping of soil organic carbon stocks for spatially explicit assessments of climate change mitigation potential. Environmental Research Letters, 8(1), 015011. https://doi.org/10.1088/1748-9326/8/1/015011
Winowiecki, L., Vågen, T.-G., & Huising, J. (2016). Effects of land cover on ecosystem services in Tanzania: A spatial assessment of soil organic carbon. Geoderma, 263, 274–283. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geoderma.2015.03.010
Vågen, T.-G., Winowiecki, L. A., Abegaz, A., & Hadgu, K. M. (2013). Landsat-based approaches for mapping of land degradation prevalence and soil functional properties in Ethiopia. Remote Sensing of Environment, 134, 266–275. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rse.2013.03.006
- Publication Date
- July 27, 2021, 7:59 a.m.
- Raster Data
- environmental resources, protection and conservation. Examples: environmental pollution, waste storage and treatment, environmental impact assessment, monitoring environmental risk, nature reserves, landscape
- formal permission to do something
Assessments of soil and land health, land degradation, and targeting of land restoration efforts.
- Temporal Extent
- Jan. 1, 2019, 9:27 a.m. - Dec. 31, 2020, 9:27 a.m.
- Supplemental Information
No information provided
- Spatial Representation Type
- grid data is used to represent geographic data